“The Science of Getting Rich” is a groundbreaking self-help book by Wallace D. Wattles. In it, he elucidates the principles of acquiring wealth by adhering to a concrete series of mental and physical activities. These are underscored by the premise that anyone, regardless of their circumstances, can improve their financial situation by applying his concepts.
- The Right to Be Rich: Wattles believes that everyone is entitled to a prosperous life. There is no virtue in poverty; instead, life is meant to be lived abundantly.
- The Science of Getting Rich: Wattles proposes that wealth acquisition follows a scientific method, just like physics or chemistry. This science is predicated on the existence of an original substance, a sort of creative energy that can be shaped by our thoughts.
- The Power of Thought: According to Wattles, thoughts are the only power that can produce tangible riches. A clear mental picture of one’s desires, held with unwavering purpose and faith, and followed by gratitude, leads to the accomplishment of the goal.
- Gratitude: Gratitude has a central role in Wattles’ philosophy. It helps maintain a positive mindset and strengthen faith, leading to the actualization of our desires.
- Efficient Action: Alongside mental activities, Wattles places great emphasis on action. It’s not about hard work, but about doing things in a certain, efficient way.
- Claim Your Right: Acknowledge your right to be rich. Affirm that it is good and necessary for the full development of your potential.
- Visualize Your Riches: Form a clear and distinct mental image of what you want. Your visualization should be backed by a purposeful intent to realize it, and an unwavering faith in its actualization.
- Practice Gratitude: Cultivate a daily habit of gratitude. Be thankful for everything that brings you closer to your goal.
- Efficient Action: Do every day all that you can do that day, and do each act in an efficient manner.
- Refrain from Competitive Thought: Instead of competing for existing wealth, create. The universe is abundant, and there is enough for everyone.
In “The Science of Getting Rich”, Wallace D. Wattles elucidates a practical, straightforward path to wealth, making it accessible to everyone. It serves as a foundation for several modern-day self-help teachings and continues to inspire readers over a century after its original publication. The principles it outlines, once understood and applied, have the potential to bring about significant financial transformation.